Prerequisite: Students should have a basic knowledge of switching and circuit switching principles.
Description: This course consists of T1 technology, Telephony, Overview of the IMACS, Monitoring, Configuration and Administration. This training is intended for personnel who will be responsible for the installation, operation and management of a Channel Bank network (voice, data). This course will provide network operators and administrators with a thorough understanding of the features and functions of the IMACS system. The students will perform the various functions involved in monitoring, troubleshooting, and fault isolation in labs.
- System Architecture
- Monitoring and Controlling a Network
- Creation of Nodes
- Creating Users and X-Connections
- Channel Bank (FXS, FXO, WAN, E&M)
- Brief Sever Card Functionality (ADPCM, MCC)
- General Administration
- Navigation of the IMACS Documentation